Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Hot Hot Heat


Now, I'm not saying that I don't love the heat. Cause believe me, I laaaaarve the heat. I love the sweltering hot sun in my face and the feeling of sweat dripping in between your cleavage while you sit on the beach eating and reading all day. I honestly can't get enough of tanning beds. And my heart sinks when they click off (I would go more if they were a little more in my price range). I always ALWAYS wrap up in my blankets at night and when I'm on the couch no matter how hot I am....and our room gets pretty up there in regards to the temperature. So hot.

However, the heat lately has been driving me mad. I don't even care if it is 30 above and gorgeous out....my day consists of sitting in the basement all day and then going home to the overheated house to clean it and cook in it while the sun shines in my face from the windows and I am covered in sweat with ALWAYS too many clothes on. If I have to blow dry my hair with swollen sticky hands against my swollen sticky face one more time, I might scream.

So, today with the hurling cold winds, I smile.

I smile and smile.

And then I walk to the back of my house and look out the window and frown.


The sun would never do this to our tree.

I'll never be thankful for the wind again.

I'm going to miss our cute little tree. :(

1 comment:

Jennie Holt said...

trees like that aren't going to make it! you gotta be TOUGH to be a tree in soab.