I am just soaking up the sun and the Easter holiday today. Or whatever it is. I think Monday is supposed to be the Easter holiday. Well I guess Good Friday and Easter Monday are holidays so we should get them both off, but ya can't have your cake and eat it too...oooor CAN YOU?
We got up and ran 11.5 miles for marathon club this morning. And 11.5 rounds up to 13, so I just basically ran a half marathon. WHAT UP. Running is kind of a good time. I think the only reason I enjoy it is because I'm in a club and I never got to be in one growing up cause I was such a queer so now I am making up for that and being really cool in a club with a bunch of old guys with broken hips that can run faster than me. Anyways, here are some tips for running from one of the best shufflers out there (that's a better description of what I do, don't think I can really call myself a runner):
- buy lots of over priced and color-of-the-season running clothes so that the only excuse you have to wear them is to go running and so you have to go
- don't expect to ever buy boots cause you officially have huge, muscly, manly calves
- make sure you are super interested and intrigued by nothing at all, i.e. cracks in the side walks, garbage stuck to the fence, what people are doing in the privacy of their own homes in front of the window, the shape of the girls (or guys?) butt running in front of you, etc etc etc.
- have your husband have chocolate milk, a smoothie, bagels, chocolate, pasta, peanut butter sandwiches, Nutella toast, and really any other carb in the house laid out on the counter for when you get home...and make sure you eat all of it so that you never lose any weight from your run.
- don't ever stretch.
- don't make goals for yourself. Just randomly start to run, run somewhere, and run back home. Don't look at the clock or try and beat someone in the club, just run. It will keep you nice and motivated.
- And listen to this song the entire time your entire run...
In other news, I decided to make use of my sewing machine and ended up making a decently hideous skirt. See below.
|Best worn with your ugliest, oldest shirt.|