Nuts, eh? I'm going to be all grown up and on my way to success with a wonderful husband at my side! I have to say, I can't quite wrap my head around this. I just can't seem to grasp the idea that this Saturday is the most important day of my life. I'm never very good at wrapping my head around things though. For example, Jennie being pregnant. I don't think I ever really believed it until I was holding that sweet little baby girl in my arms (who is the cutest thing alive and named Ashley Beth). Jennie never really grasped it either though, so I don't feel too terrible about myself. This one day when we were shopping in Calgary, it was funny... me and Jen and my mom were walking around Baby Gap lookin at baby clothes. One of the workers came up to Jen and her biiiig belly and was like "doin' a little preshoppin' eh?". Jen was like.....(weird look)..."preshopping for what?". This "not grasping" downfall runs in the family.
AAAAAAnyways, I'm just soakin up the home cooked meals and the promiscuous single life this week . I am sure going to miss Dix's food. I am not going to miss saying goodbye to Al at the end of the night though, that's for shizzle....my nizzle.
I don't think I have ever felt so many emotions at one time. It's bizarre....and exhilirating (two very strong emotions...see?).
1. Excited. OBVY, this trumps the list. I'm excited to spend the rest of my life with the man of my dreams. I'm excited to wake up in the morning to his smile. I'm excited to wear my mom's wedding dress and to get dolled up and called pretty all day (hopefully). I'm excited to never be alone again. And to be frank, I'm excited for sex.
2. Happy. Apart from the other emotions that I'm feeling from the usual stress that comes with weddings, I'm on cloud 9. Al is my dream boat.
3. Nervous. I am freaking out that everything isn't going to get done on time and that nothing is going to work out despite all my hard work. I'm nervous it's going to blow 100 km winds and snow and rain like it did today. I'm nervous Alan will realize I'm insane and hop on a Fed Ex truck and ride away.
4. Sad. I'm sad to leave my mom. I oh so love my mom.
5. Frustrated. WITH MAKING CRAFTS FOR THE GOSH DERN WEDDING. Flower after flower after flower I have folded and dyed and cut and glued. I've made a slide show. I've scrapbooked an entire guest book (with zilch scrapbooking skills). I've made 600 little party favors. I've made every possible thing I could out of doilies.
6. Tired. Too tired actually to list all the other emotions.
I toss and turn at night with anticipation. I repeat for the hundredth time on my blog that I am the happiest and the luckiest girl.
Life is a peach.
And my house is jam packed with peach decor. Hope you come enjoy the fesitivites this weekend :).